Hotel Sales Manager Cover Letter
Hotel Sales Managers make sure a hotel meets its financial goals by managing sales teams. Essential responsibilities of a Hotel Sales Manager are attracting guests, developing sales campaigns, formulating sales goals, recruiting and training staff, liaising with large groups that may provide customers, selling hotel services such as exercise facilities or room upgrades, attending industry events, updating their job knowledge, and developing strategies to ensure repeat business.
Those interested in a Hotel Sales Manager career should mention the following assets in their cover letters:
- Selling skills
- Hospitality and hotel management training
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Self-confidence and motivation
- Being able to work under pressure
- Availability for travel
- Computer competences
- Commercial awareness
Comparable skills and qualifications for Hotel Sales Manager can be seen in the sample cover letter provided right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Hotel Sales Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Moore:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my strong interest in the Hotel Sales Manager position you have available with Caravalo Resort. As a highly skilled and successful manager with more than 14 years of experience driving profitable tourism and hospitality operations, I possess a wide range of knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your establishment.
My expertise lies in successfully developing and implementing new facility attractions, expanding business opportunities, and managing staff and resources to attract global customers and aggressively grow revenues. Through my experience, I have become adept in overseeing a wide variety of operational responsibilities to ensure outstanding guest service and optimize sales team performance. My additional success in establishing and maintaining positive relationships positions me to make a significant contribution to Caravalo.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Successfully overseeing profit and loss functions, marketing activities, budget forecasts, daily operations, trend analysis, and sales negotiations for industry-leading hotels and resorts.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams—including Corporate Office, Hotel Management, Brand Representatives, Front Desk & Hotel Support, and Accounting—to drive outside and B2B sales efforts and win new clientele.
- Creating and presenting high-impact presentations demonstrating facility highlights for corporate conferences, seminars, and general advertising.
- Implementing brand standards and initiatives while striving for ongoing service enhancement.
- Playing a key role in construction, renovation, and expansion projects to maximize revenues and stimulate business development and build-out efforts.
- Overseeing staff development and management—including recruitment, training, and coaching—to encourage progressive professional development and stimulate top-flight team performance.
- Realizing consistent bottom-line improvements through effective networking, communication, problem-solving, and presentation abilities.
- Earning a Diploma in Hospitality Management from Pittsburgh State College.
My proven dedication to optimizing operational success and sales expansion in the hospitality industry, along with my acute ability to provide an exceptional level of guest service, will contribute immensely to the success of Caravalo Resort. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon to discuss this opportunity, and my qualifications, in further detail.
Joan B. Wilson
Hotel Sales Manager Cover Letter
Just like any business, a hotel will look for its sales department to get the major revenue for their organization. Due to this, the hotel sales manager is considered as an important person in the organization. The person in this position has a major task of finding huge amounts of business for keeping the hotel rooms completely filled and to maintain a steady stream of guests coming in the hotel.
The sales people know very well to make sales happen and that is done by pipeline, which is always full. This is the place where the prospecting comes into play. A sales manager will always reach out for finding new business for selling the property. Often, this involves cold calling the organizations for seeing if they are planning to hold out-of-town conferences. At other times, this is basically hooking up with the local visitors and conventions bureau for getting sales leads to the groups coming into the city.
Once the prospecting is done, the sales manager will have to make a sale to the client. This will always involve going through a series of meetings with the prospective clients for proving to them that their hotel is best for their function. There will always be a negotiation on the hotel room rates and rental fees for getting the best deal for their clients. Selling will always require the sales manager to have a personal and friendly touch for making the clients feel relaxed and at ease while they are staying at the hotel.
Sales manager is also considered as the "face" of the hotel, and hence they have to constantly meet clients for solving their issues and answering their concerns. All they have to do is provide a constant and reliable support to the client. Therefore, if you have a degree in sales or hospitality and planning to make it big as a hotel sales manager, then you will need a covering letter to get a job. This article will give you a sample hotel sales manager cover letter, which can be helpful.
Your Contact Information
4177 Bel Meadow Drive
Los Angeles, CA90017
E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employer Contact Information
Ms. Carolyn Hannah
663 Cedarstone Drive
Date: December 1, 2011
Dear Ms. Hannah,
This cover letter is coming across to you for the job application of Hotel Sales Manager opening, which you had posted earlier this week in www.jobs.com. I have been working in the same role and industry since the last ten years, and have all the skills that you have mentioned in your advertisement. For the same reason, I am submitting my resume for further review.
As hotel sales manager for Blue Diamond Hotels, I have handled a number of responsibilities like:
- I have managed a team of more than 100 employees, coordinated with different departments, hired and most importantly sold hotel rooms for purchase
- I have always driven sales profit since the time I started working for this organization a little over five years ago
I would love to bring all these things to your organization as well. I am flexible with traveling, working late for making the necessary sales, ensuring that the hotel is profiting and scheduling timely sales. For the same reason, I would request you to hire me.
For more information on my career, I would request you to consider my enclosed resume and schedule an interview at the earliest. You can call me at 909-401-2369 or e-mail me at email@example.com. Thank you for your consideration.
This is how you can draft your own cover letter. Make sure that you check for grammatical errors and then send it across. Good luck!