1788 Settlers Lane
Bellerose, NY 11426
Objective A challenging career opportunity as Alumni Director which would help me to utilize my academic background to assist me to gain experience, employ my excellent interpersonal skills, and enable me to make a positive contribution to the organization.
- Strong experience with alumni relations, public relations and fund raising
- Profound knowledge of working productively with volunteers
- In-depth knowledge in recruitment, community organizing and career counseling
- Sound knowledge of university policies and procedures
- Skilled in developing budgets, prioritization of projects, programs, and activities
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to plan, design and write promotional materials
- Familiarity with budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles
- Proficient with Alumni Development Database System, Power Point, Excel and Word
Alumni Director, August 2005 – Present
California Institute of Technology, Bellerose, NY
- Accountable for the overall success of the Alumni Program, including meeting program objectives.
- Provided strategic direction for the Alumni Program by developing goals and objectives.
- Oversaw the development of a marketing and communications plan and related materials including, social media marketing, newsletters and resource guides.
- Assisted with program budget development and maintained program expenditures within established parameters.
- Participated in human resource issues associated with supervision and leadership of program staff, conducted annual performance reviews.
- Developed client-sensitive policies and procedures, including case file documentation.
Alumni Director, May 2000 – July 2005
University of Maryland at College Park, Bellerose, NY
- Determined and managed the implementation of strategy and engagement of alumni through the coordination of the alumni strategic plan and set priorities, goals and benchmarks.
- Supervised the student and young alumni coordinator, student and young alumni programming and alumni assistant and management of alumni data within the database.
- Collaborated with the Director of Advancement Communications to publish a quarterly e-newsletter and the bi-annual publication of the Belltower, the alumni magazine.
- Budgeted needs assessments, marketed and communicated efforts.
- Designed and maintained an alumni website, online community and other social networking tools.
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Arcadia University, Glenside, PA
1545 Westwood Avenue
Deerpark, NY 11729
Job Objective Hard-working, self-motivated Alumni Relations Manager seeks a full-time position with reputable organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands on experience in managing alumni relations for various events and online resources
- Exceptional knowledge of web page development
- Deep knowledge of desktop publishing
- Remarkable ability to resolve all problems and manage multiple projects
- Outstanding ability to work in a flexible schedule
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Skilled to work independently and take initiatives
- Proficient in event planning and fundraisers
- Skilled at managing volunteers
Alumni Relations Manager
MISI Company, Deerpark, NY
October 2008 – Present
- Administered in increasing numbers of alumni members.
- Developed new initiatives to gather more alumni for group.
- Prepared alumni communications and updated all knowledge such as website and newsletter.
- Prepared goals for implemented development plans.
- Managed database for alumni members and communicated through regular communication,
- Designed various alumni events and activities and provided support to all.
- Monitored and completed all administrative requirements.
Alumni Relations Coordinator
UCLA, Deerpark, NY
August 2003 – September 2008
- Developed special programs for final class students.
- Provided technical support to annual fund program and recruited students.
- Coordinated with Associate Director and managed all alumni events.
- Maintained a calendar of events and facilitated in sending appropriate invitations.
- Managed various events through new media communication.
- Oversaw all alumni donation and ensured optimal usage of same.
Alumni Relations Intern
CCG Investor Relations, Deerpark, NY
May 1998 – July 2003
- Administered social media tools and recruited alumni members.
- Maintained and ensured accuracy of database records and prepared required correspondence.
- Managed communication with alumni members on both national and international platforms.
- Trained students in alumni benefits and participate in various programs.
- Participated in alumni events and related activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Service Management
Vennard College, University Park, IA