- Length: 683 words (2 double-spaced pages)
- Rating: Excellent
The literal meaning of the word Renaissance is “rebirth.” This idea of rebirth definitely applies to the music of this period. The Renaissance followed the Middle Ages and spanned from 1400 to 1600. A central characteristic was the rebirth of humanism, which is a way of looking at our world, emphasizing the importance of human beings, their nature, and their place in the universe. One main purpose of the humanistic view was to educate pupils to be the “ideal gentleman” or “universal man” that was reminiscent of the Greco-Roman ideal.
During the Renaissance vocal music was more important than instrumental music, and composers during that period wrote music to enhance the meaning and emotion of the text. (Source: www.thinkquest.org) Renaissance composers often used word painting, a musical representation of specific human emotions. Word painting was used in the madrigal, which is a piece that matches the word of the song with a musical setting. For example if the text had words like “rising,” “flying,” or “soaring” then the music would be fast upward scales. (Source: Jeremy Yudkin “Understanding Music”) The most famous composer that wrote such madrigals was Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina.
Palestrina, according to most Renaissance scholars, was a master composer. He started out in 1554 performing Masses and sang in the Cappella Sistina. (Source: w3.rz-berlin.mpg) He was so famous that he was actually asked to rewrite the church’s main plainchant books, but had to follow the Council of Trent’s guidelines. His most famous Mass, Missa Papae Marcelli, was in fact in line with the Counter Reformation, which he always was. His conservative attitude towards making the Catholic polyphonic music helped composers down the line to create new music for the church. Even though the polyphonic texts invaded the church, most of the Ordinary of the Mass, which is the Kyrie eleison, Gloria, Credo, Sanctus, and Andus Dei stayed mostly in plainchant for at least some parts.
The Protestant Reformation actually helped the Catholic Church come to let the Mass become more active with polyphonic hymns. The musical boundaries were expanded because the invention of printing which led to a larger circulation of text. Even though the church grew towards easier hymns music still gradually move to a secular way of creating music. The whole Protestant Reformation started because the king of England and Martin Luther, the king wanted to divorce his first wife and the pope would not recognize this break of the marriage vow.
How to Cite this Page
| Major Changes: Humanism and The Renaissance Essay example - During the 15th century, Northern Europe as well as Italy witnessed a serious revival of drawing accompanied by sculpture, painting and architecture. This revival was termed as the Renaissance. The revival effected major changes onto the representation of pictorial space on these two regions. These changes on that occurred on pictorial space representation were mostly driven by new idea of “Humanism”. Humanism philosophy practically outwitted religious and secular belief. As a result, the philosophy shifted a lot f importance to the dignity and value of the individual (Prescott, 2005; Fuga, 2006).... [tags: The Renaissance]|
:: 4 Works Cited
|Essay about The Renaissance - The Renaissance which translates roughly as a rebirth and fresh thinking which lasted from the 14th through 17th centuries attempted to reapply the ancient intellectual learning of the Greco-Roman Civilization. The thinkers and artists of this new era differed remarkably from their medieval counterparts. Broadly speaking, Mediaeval period was a period predominantly dominated by Christian outlook. Moreover, All of the Civilizations regarded as ‘Heirs’ of Rome paid significant tribute to their respective religion.... [tags: Renaissance History]||1151 words|
|Essay about The Art of the Renaissance - Though the Renaissance era included all of Europe, Italy was the cradle of the movement. The cities of Florence, Rome and Venice were of great importance to this period. Major artists created art mainly in these three. As the center of Italy, Rome held the residence of the Pope and many other important factors. Throughout history, the Roman Catholic Church was very insistent on promoting their ideas. During this time, they used artists and their creativity to promote the Bible and other aspects of their beliefs.... [tags: Renaissance in Europe]||2065 words|
|The Foundation of Understanding Human Anatomy During Renaissance Period Essay - Our understanding in anatomy and physiology today will be deadened without the knowledge from the Renaissance period. Let take a short step to look at what is Renaissance. Based historian, Renaissance means rebirth because “it [is] believed that the human spirit [has] to be reawakened as it [is] in the classical (Greco-Roman) times” (). During this time, the new conception of human emerges as individualism which means a man can create his own destiny, and humanism in which “humans are the center of the universe” ().... [tags: Renaissance]||977 words|
| The Renaissance Essay - I do not know much about the Renaissance era, but I do know a little. I know it took place between 1485 and 1660. There were quite a few boats. There was the Niña, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria. Those were the ships that Christopher Columbus and his crew used to discover the New World. There was the mayflower; the vessel that carried the pilgrims to Plymouth Rock in Massachusetts. The entire Spanish Armada that got defeated by the English navy. Then there was the Victoria, the boat that Ferdinand Magellan and his crew set sail on to circumnavigate the globe.... [tags: European Renaissance Essays]|
:: 3 Works Cited
|The Renaissance Essay examples - The Renaissance Renaissance is the period of European history that saw a renewed interest in the arts. The Renaissance began in 14th-century Italy and spread to the rest of Europe in the 16th and 17th centuries. In this period, the fragmented feudal society of the Middle Ages, with its agricultural economy and church-dominated intellectual and cultural life, was transformed into a society increasingly dominated by central political institutions, with an urban, commercial economy and lay patronage of education, the arts, and music.... [tags: European Renaissance Essays]||768 words|
|Essay on The Renaissance - The Renaissance Would it not be nice if we could go back in time to experience the Renaissance for ourselves. Being able to walk down the streets of Florence, Italy and experience this time period that not only gave rebirth to old values and artistic ways of statement, but also were a period of great individualism. (make this into a sentence…add a subject and a verb to make it flow). Indeed, Renaissance was a period of great individualism based on old traditional values.... [tags: European Renaissance Essays]||923 words|
|The Renaissance Essay - During the 1400s and 1500s in mainly Italy there was a major change that took place in all aspects of life. This was called the Renaissance and was a movement that helped give rebirth to culture and the arts. This movement went away from the medieval times that had forced a feudalist system on its people. The Medieval times were a dark period in European history that saw a major decline in arts and government. This declining can be attributed to a number of different reasons. One of which was the Bubonic Plague that spread throughout Europe and Asia and killed millions of its inhabitants.... [tags: History Renaissance Europe]||1582 words|
| Essay about Renaissance Venice - Venice Italy is best known today for its culture and romantic canals. With the exotic way the city was construction and the backdrop of the ever-changing light caused by the waters of the canals, it has been romantically portrayed in many paintings, plays, movies, songs and operas. The once city state was a major trading empire. Located on the north end of the Adriatic Sea it was ideal for merchant shipping. Specializing in trade with the Byzantine Empire and the eastern world, Venice established a stable and prosperous economy.... [tags: Renaissance Essays]|
:: 8 Works Cited
|Essay on The Renaissance - The Renaissance Due to the work of Byzantine and Islamic scholars, ancient Greek science and scholarship found their way into the West. Europeans had been separated from their classical cultural heritage for almost eight centuries. No other world civilization had experienced such a disjunction from its cultural past. There were many events in history prior to this that led to the unfolding of this classic revival. Between 1300 and 1500, education had become far more accessible, their was the birth of humanism, and the invention of the printing press.... [tags: European Renaissance Essays]||846 words|
Renaissance Counter Reformation Our World Human Emotions Composers Scales Characteristic Scholars Jeremy
Another composer that led the way for new music was Josquin Desprez who was born in Beaurevoir in 1440 and died in Conde in 1521. (Source: www.thinkquest.org) In his early days he was a singer in the Milan Cathedral around the year 1459 and the Papal Chapel, Rome. He wrote three volumes of Masses, over 100 motets, and an English Dance. He often used point of imitation, which is a musical passage that has a tiny musical phrase imitated among many voices. Josquin also used overlapping cadences the next group of voices begin just as the last come to a cadence, allowing the motion to continue. (Source: Jeremy Yudkin “Understanding Music”)
The Renaissance had many artists that provided visual motivation for many composers to write great texts. One of the most influential artists was Leonardo da Vinci who is still famous 500 years later. He helped to create three-dimensional representation and started to work with oils that showed off the lighting and shades of great art. The talent was so large that he could create a self-portrait with such detail, that many thought that he couldn’t have painted it himself.
Renaissance means “rebirth,” and that is exactly what artists, architects, and composers did to create a lasting fame for people like Leonardo da Vinci, Josquin, and Palestrina. Music is an ever-evolving genre and the Renaissance showed that in a matter of 200 years one could create new volumes of the Mass and still come to understanding that secular songs can be a part of worshiping. From plainchant to polyphony then to homophony are very big steps in the way of just rhythm and flow.
WHAT IS MUSIC?
Music is an art form where musical sounds, organized in a specific manner, serve as the method of artistic image realization. Its main expressive means and elements are the following: stop, rhythm, beat, time, sound dynamics, tone, melody, tune, polyphony, instrumentation. Music is being fixed in musical notation and brought about in the process of performance. There exists a division of songs into secular and sacred, or a cultic one (the eldest, at present, is the music of the Buddhist ritual). Development of musical theory on musical notation and pedagogics is closely connected with European cultic music, which is usually called sacred.
According to the performing means, music is subdivided into instrumental, vocal-instrumental, and vocal (singing). Often, it is combined with cinema, choreography, and art. In addition, there is a difference between monothematic music (monody) and a polyphonic one (homophony, polyphony). It is also subdivided into kinds and types, such as theatrical (opera, etc.), symphonic, chamber, and many others, and into genres: song, choral, jazz, dance, pop, march, blues, symphony, country, suite, sonata, rock, rap, etc. More or less, musical compositions possess relatively stable typical structures.
For better understanding, let us examine some musical genres:
- March. It is remarkable for strictly deliberate time, distinct rhythm, brisk and courageous character. This musical genre provides synchronous movement of a great number of people. Military marches are created for a field (brass) band. March is used in opera and ballet and, at the same time, as the single piece. The dead march is a particular variety of the marches.
- Symphony is a musical composition for philharmonic orchestra that is written in sonata cyclic form; usually, it consists of four parts. Classical type of symphony has been formed at the end of 18th – beginning of 19th centuries.
- The suite is an instrumental cyclic musical composition that includes several contrasting parts. The suite is different from sonata and symphony by the absence of strict regulation of quantity, character, and parts’ order; close connection with dance and song refers to the suite as well.
In the meantime, it is worthy to learn more about a notion of musical form. First and foremost, it is a group of expressive means that embody specific ideological-artistic content in a musical composition. In the second place, musical form is a set of elements of the musical composition structure itself. Musical form is unique in every composition. However, there exist its stable various scale types: period, complex and simple two-part, simple and complex three-part forms, variations, rondo, sonata forms, etc. The least meaningful unit is a tune; two or more tunes make up a phrase, phrases construct a sentence; two sentences often comprise a period. A form of period depends on the topics of a musical composition. The main principles of forming are exposition of thematic material, its development, exact and varying repetition, and comparison with new themes; these principles interact frequently.
HOW TO WRITE AN ESSAY ON A MUSICAL COMPOSITION?
One of the common assignments at schools and colleges where students grasp the musical art is, for sure, the assessment of specific musical composition. And while practicing with instruments and singing is hard indeed, writing about music is not easier, as it requires a lot of skills and knowledge of genres, techniques, and other "technical" aspects. Nevertheless, this task is crucial for your development as a musician. It helps to understand the true beauty of the songs and melodies, learn to define strength and weaknesses of compositions, and realize how you can make the music you create now and will work on in the future better. Therefore, you need to learn how to write a musical review professionally, and here are some practical tips that will help you with it:
- Listening. You will not be able to write a good article without listening to the composition for at least a few times. Try to relax and enjoy the first time you do it. Find the moments you like the most, and analyze what makes them sound beautiful, and reflect it in your essay about music. Afterward, take some time to think, and listen once again, trying to spot the moments you dislike and repeat the analysis.
- Deliberation of the heard. After the last sounds are gone, sit a bit in silence setting in memory all stages of composition. Such method can provide you a considerable assistance with writing your essay on music.
- It is compulsory to define the common character of a composition.
- A research. While you need to understand how you feel about the musical piece and try to perceive every detail of the composition yourself, you can research what other people think about this composition too. Try to find an article about music you have listened to and see if any well-known and credible critics have left their feedbacks. It is important that you do not change your mind about the composition just to match the words of professionals unless you really agree with them on certain points.
- Generation of the plan. The music essay should include the introductory clause, main body, and conclusion. The introductory clause may contain information concerning a specific composition and several sentences about a composer. You can also include some background information – a story of the way the tune has been created. College essays about music usually have quite specific requirements regarding the structure that has to be followed and points, which are important to address, and you need to make sure your paper adheres to these instructions. If you have been given none, it is recommended to look up the template to outline your work properly.
- The main paragraphs will be fully built on a piece of music itself.
- While generating a plan, it is very important to write down some notes regarding the intro of the play, kinds of instruments, silent or loud sounding, what one can hear in the middle, and ending.
- In the last paragraph, one is free to express own feelings and emotions on the occasion of the heard, and you should focus on your emotions during the process of essay writing. Music does create some feelings and emotions, so try not only to assess the piece from the professional viewpoint, but also share your emotions from the side of the mere listener.
Following these tips precisely, you can surely produce a nice essay. While you will not yet be able to review music for money with the skills you gain from completing the assignment, you will have a chance to get a better grade at school. If for some reason, you cannot finish the essay on time, but still need a good mark for the task, there is no need to worry, as a huge team of expert writers is always here to assist. Hence, if you need an urgent music homework help, do not hesitate to contact the professionals at Pro-Papers, and let them help you with the submission of the quality essay.
MOST POPULAR TOPICS FOR MUSIC ESSAY WRITING
Essay writing on music applies to large quantity of subjects because the sphere is diverse; the same is the case with choosing the topics for your essay. For example, definition essay may be written in a way to include such themes, as elements (harmony, melody or rhythm), periods (Romantic, Classical, Baroque or Renaissance), tempo (allegro, andante, adagio), instruments (percussion, brass, woodwinds, stringed instruments).
The following ideas might be useful:
- Musicians and their artistic explorations. You can choose two or more musicians and compare them in accordance with their legacy, education, and upbringing.
- Styles of music. Here one may make a comparison of multifarious mystic styles taking into consideration meter, melody, rhythm, and structure.
- Music, which belongs to different cultures.
It is simple to find admirers or opponents of different genres; although, there are many argumentative themes, able to become the basis for well-organized music essays. These themes can cover:
- Influence on the level of criminality
- Issues, connected with illegal downloading and piracy
MUSIC RESEARCH PAPER WRITING TIPS
The research projects students are asked to complete at universities and colleges vary from major to major. Some people have to deal with term papers more, while others already got used to working on thesis papers. No matter what kind of project you are assigned, there are instructions you need to follow, and they may be similar due to the commonalities the tasks share. Here are the few major ones you need to remember before you begin to work:
- Choose what you like and spend enough time for the research. Music coursework is a huge paper, and you will have to work on it for a while. If you do not want this writing assignment to be daunting and unpleasant, it is better to pick the topic that you like enough to enjoy the research process. When you have a few options you think work perfectly with you, let your instructor take a look at them, and suggest what you should go with, or tell you how to make the topics more specific. Start researching the topic only when you are sure the teacher approves it if you do not want to find yourself wasting time. Leave at least third part of the deadline for the research, look for credible authors in the field, and sources recommended by the specialists. Avoid using data from the articles that were not peer reviewed, or the websites you are not sure use the trustworthy info.
- Organize the working process. You should not only manage the preparation time properly, but also outline the music term paper beforehand. It is crucial to follow any guidelines you have regarding the structure, or look up the samples on similar topics and see what sections they consist of. Deciding how and what you will cover before writing will help you create a consistent and focused research paper, and spend less time on editing afterward.
- Rewrite and proofread. While this might be the most obvious tip ever given, most of the students fail to consider it before submitting their music thesis papers. It is paramount to proofread the paper once you are done writing and edit everything that does not sound good enough. You can also ask for an editing help of a friend or any specialist in the sphere of providing a coursework writing service. UK or US are known to have many companies that could help in case it is crucial to eliminate the number of blunders to an absolute minimum. If you spot serious issues in any parts of the work, it is better to rewrite it completely rather than edit, especially if you have enough time. Thus, you will ensure that the submitted piece is graded highly.
EVERYTHING YOU SHOULD KNOW TO WRITE A WINNING MUSIC CV
If you are a musician, singer, or a teacher looking for the employment options, it is absolutely necessary for you to have a well-crafted CV. Music curriculum vitae are very important as they can help you find the job faster and outshine all other potential candidates for the spots you aim for. CV in a music industry is more of an experience description, and it is a lot more focused than the application papers of experts in other spheres. The position you desire to occupy will determine the structure and the content of your CV. Musical professionals need to have specific CVs that have to be targeted towards the specifics of the job and the hiring company, institution, or organization, which means that you need to research the common requirements you need to follow while writing and understand what the employers are willing to see while reviewing the application. Pro-Papers has prepared a few basic tips you need to know to craft a winning CV:
- Put the most significant details and the contact information at the top of the music resume. Your name has to be visible from the first sight and be a bit bigger than the other text. It is pivotal that you put your phone number, address, and an email under the name, to make them easy to spot, as you do not want it to be hard for the employers to reach. Also, you can indicate the main instrument you play or the voice type at the same section, if applicable.
- Always start with experiences and end with education. The hirers definitely want you to be an educated person, but they care more about the experience you have and the skills you have obtained throughout the years than about the degree you have. Include the information on the organizations you have worked for, as well as the exact dates, add the data on the instruments you have played, and the section/role/chair if appropriate for the position. Note that details and section you include are different for CVs and resumes. The first ones can be lengthy and include as much info as the writer finds relevant, while second ones are about a page long, and cover only the points of the top relevance. The curriculum vitae are mostly for the people involved in the academic field or the ones that have a lot of experience to show, and resume for musicians will also be a predominant factor when someone tries to get a good position in the sphere.
- Mention honors and certifications. If you have awards, accreditations, licenses, and certification, it is vital to list them all and devote the whole section of the resume to it. It is hard to express how much such details will boost your chances to get the job you apply for, as employers truly value the candidates who have a great reputation and an international or, at least, local recognition. Therefore, do not be afraid to brag about own achievements, as you have deserved what you have got, and there is no point in hiding it from the public.
BUY MUSIC ESSAY FROM PRO-PAPERS.COM
Songs by great artists have become a necessity of our life; it helps us relax after difficult and intensive working day, it distresses. It is impossible to have fun without it, and when someone feels blue, it helps to cure the soul. Music reveals a person showing his colors; it draws people together. It can be said a lot about a character of a person by analyzing the songs he or she prefers listening to.
You adore listening to music, but you still have to do some homework. Music is a really great thing to listen to, but homework may be not as easy as it seems at the first glance. Have no worries, as there are numerous specialists by your side who are always ready to assist. Whether you are preparing a music resume for college or are working on a thesis to get a degree, Pro-Papers has everything necessary to bring you the success. The highly qualified crew of writers, personal approach, best sources, on-time delivery, and the solid guarantee concerning plagiarism-free content and absence of grammatical blunders, and this is just for starters. Purchase term papers, research works, essays, and CVs from Pro-Papers to get an affordable and professional help from the best writing team in the sphere!
|Writing from scratch|