Merchandiser Cover Letter
Merchandisers work in the retail industry and are in charge for making sure that right products appear in the right store at appropriate times. Common duties of a Merchandiser include planning stocks, collaborating with visual display personnel, forecasting sales levels, preparing budgets, analyzing sales statistics, implementing promotions, identifying bestsellers, and liaising with various people in the industry, such as suppliers, distributors, department heads, analysts, and buyers.
A well-written example cover letter for Merchandiser emphasizes the following skills:
- Analytical thinking
- Strong numeracy skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Problem-solving orientation and creativity
- Networking and negotiation skills
- Teamworking capabilities
- Computer proficiency
- Commercial awareness and the ability to understand customer needs and tastes
Below is provided a sample cover letter displaying resembling Merchandiser qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Merchandiser Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Mathison:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Merchandiser position you have available. As a skilled and successful professional with comprehensive merchandising experience within the retail industry, I possess a wide range of knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of Apex Fashion & Apparel.
My background includes successfully developing and implementing strategic merchandise plans, establishing solid relationships with vendors, and facilitating product awareness efforts to maximize profit enhancement and product turnover. Through my experience, I have achieved success in driving consistent sales and gross margin increases. Additionally, my established ability to schedule and manage staff positions me to make a significant contribution to your company.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Proficiency in general retail merchandising, budget planning, promotional product displays and demonstrations, and cross-functional team collaboration; achieving significant sales increases and expanding market share.
- Continually surpassing in-store client metrics and exceeding overall merchandising expectations.
- Demonstrating exceptional communication, presentation, and analytical talents.
- Thriving within deadline-driven, fast-paced, challenging environments.
My proven dedication to optimizing merchandising operations and propelling revenue growth, along with my keen ability to lead top-performing teams, will contribute immensely to the success of your retail establishment. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Joan W. Klock
Merchandise Coordinator Cover Letter
A merchandise coordinator cover letter is a letter of introduction about your professional career to the hiring manager of the organization where you are looking for a job. It is attached along with a resume and contains personalized information about why you should be selected for the job on the basis of your career achievements. A merchandise coordinator is a person who is in charge of choosing and stocking the merchandise inventory in a place like a retail outlet or a shopping center.
Besides performing the chief job functions, merchandise coordinators have to also assist with the presentation of merchandise in the store and at times, collaborate with vendors for purchase related procedures and issues. Occasionally, a merchandise coordinator may have to perform other duties such as resolving customer disputes and maintaining an updated log of all stocked inventory in the store. Although formal educational qualifications are not mandatory, an individual with a bachelor's degree in merchandising or retail are usually preferred over other candidates.
While writing an effective merchandise coordinator cover letter, you must enlist your work experience in the field and state reasons why you need the job, so that the hiring manager has a better understanding about your job profile.
Here are following points that will help you in writing a Merchandise Coordinator cover letter:
- Similar to cover letters that belong to other professions, a merchandise coordinator's cover letter must be written in a professional language as it is a business communication letter.
- Your contact details along with the receiver's details should be left aligned on the letter as this provides a feeling of uniformity to the letter.
- A cover letter generally consists of three sections or paragraphs; the first paragraph should contain information about how you found out about the job opening and the purpose of writing the letter.
- In the second paragraph, speak about your past experience as a merchandise coordinator and your key responsibilities. Mention any specific qualities that you may possess as this can help in giving you an edge over other applicants for the same position.
- In the final section, state the documents such as your resume or any experience certificates that you have attached along with the cover letter and request the hiring manager for a personal interview in order to discuss your job aspirations in detail.
Sample Merchandise Coordinator Cover Letter
Warren D. Johnson
1293 Ferguson Street
Brockton, MA 02401
Email ID: email@example.com
January 17, 2012
David L. Witt
Human Resources Manager
875 Hazelwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02203
Dear Mr. Witt,
I am writing this letter in reference to your advertisement in the January 15 edition of Boston Herald newspaper, regarding the job opening for the position of a merchandise coordinator at your organization. Having been in this line of work since the last four years, I would like to apply for this position.
I have been working as a merchandise coordinator at Mackey's Store in Brockton, MA since 2010 and worked as a merchandise assistant at John King Retailers from 2008 to 2010. During this period, I have been responsible for the selection of inventory in the store and assisting the retailing manager with merchandise promotion and sales. I possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills which have helped me in my career as a merchandise coordinator so far. Please find my resume enclosed with this letter for your perusal.
I feel that I would perfectly suit this role of a merchandise coordinator at your retail store and will strive to give my best for the organization. Please feel free to contact me on the details provided above if you want to schedule an interview with me or you have any further queries regarding my job profile. Thank you for your time and patience.
Warren D. Johnson
A merchandise coordinator cover letter should make a good first impression on the reader and increase your chances of securing an interview call for the desired job position of a merchandise coordinator.