123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999
Home: (555) 123-9876
December 18, 2013
1095 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10018
Finance and Real Estate Paralegal
Dear Hiring Manager,
If you are searching for a highly efficient and self-motivated Paralegal to successfully support the day to day activites of your Attorneys, I have the qualifications ideally suited for a position with Dechert LLP
My experience in paralegal operations, drafting and filing motions, case management, procedural compliance, client relations and team leadership within the legal profession coupled with my adaptability and determination, will certainly make me a valuable asset to your team. I have demonstrated the ability to perform and coordinate large-scale paralegal functions in an efficient and productive manner, while maintaining exemplary standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
Enclosed is my resume. Some of my key strengths include:
- Demonstrated capacity to complete and improve legal administration processes, analyze complex issues, manage/motivate teams and attain major administrative goals.
- Productive contributor to team projects and self-managed tasks, with the ability to consistently deliver multiple concurrent projects within strict deadlines.
- Gifted communicator, adept at forming strong relationships with clients, employees and management at all levels.
My salary requirements are negotiable based upon the position and the overall total compensation package, including benefits, however my requirement are in the $43,000.00 to $50,000.00 range. have attached my resume for your review and I look forward to speaking with you further regarding your available position.
Finding a rewarding legal career means establishing the right employer connections. A well-worded cover letter is an excellent way to sell your professional accomplishments and experience, helping you stand out among a pool of job applicants. Take a look at the attached legal assistant cover letter example and the following writing tips to get a better idea of how to handle writing a successful, job-winning cover letter.
- Don’t simply restate your resume. Your cover letter is an opportunity to expound on the information you’ve already provided. Share how your experiences have shaped you both personally and professionally.
- Do cater your skills and experiences toward the position at hand. If you’re unsure of which jobs and skills to include, create a word cloud from related job descriptions to find common key phrases, such as document drafting” or interrogatories.”
- Don’t be generic. Avoid general phrases that could be about any industry or position.
- Do consider including a headline that captures employers’ attention. There is no steadfast formatting rule, so feel free to experiment.
Legal Assistant Advice
Looking for a career in the law? Consider a career as a legal assistant. A legal assistant provides support to a lawyer or firm by performing legal research, drafting documents, and trial preparation. Legal assistants require training, solid writing and research abilities, and an impressive cover letter. Use the cover letter examples below as a guide in drafting your paralegal cover letter. Designed specifically for legal assistants, these cover letter examples will show you what employers are looking for, so you can get more interviews and start working sooner.
Cover Letter Tips for Legal Assistant
Locating jobs as a Legal Assistant which are appropriate for any skill level can be a bit of a challenge, just as finding a job anywhere in the United States in the current economy can be difficult. However, there are a few tips any applicant can follow in order to increase the productivity of their job search while simultaneously reducing stress.
1. Take advantage of job fairs in the area in order to learn more about the local job market while discovering new opportunities.
2. Attend classes which help those searching for jobs to sharpen their interviewing skills.
3. Never give up on a job lead unless the employer responds with a concrete no. ” Otherwise, there may still be a chance to obtain the desired position.
4. Maintain a strong online presence on social media websites; it is estimated that nearly 45% of employers now pull recruits from sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
5. Face-to-face networking can be just as important as online connections. Getting your reputation out there is always a good thing.
Legal Assistant Job Seeking Tips
Regardless of the amount of experience or education someone has, the real way to open doors to nearly all of the jobs as a Legal Assistant is the creation of a great cover letter. Though there is oftentimes a great deal of debate concerning what makes a perfect cover letter, there are some qualities which they should definitely display.
1. Wording should be consistent, clear and concise in order to ensure that no date is misrepresented.
2. Never lie on a cover letter. If any information is found to be false, it could be a grounds for immediate dismissal further down the line.
3. When listing education or work experience, it’s best to list the information in reverse chronological order.
4. Ideally, a good cover letter should be between 1 and 2 pages long, with 2 pages being reserved for those with extensive experience in the field.
5. Using a splash of color in the wording or a unique layout can help any cover letter stand out from the stack.