Front Desk Receptionist Cover Letter
Front Desk Receptionists complete administrative and front office duties in a variety of organizations. They usually provide the first impression of a company to customers and their role is considered vital. Examples of Front Desk tasks include: taking phone calls, passing messages to specific people, answering to inquiries, greeting visitors, helping to organize meetings, maintaining the reception area clean and organized, handling the correspondence, setting appointments, and supporting office activities.
A Front Desk Receptionist cover letter example should highlight the following skills and qualifications:
- Customer service orientation
- Problem-solving skills
- A professional appearance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourcefulness and proactivity
- Computer competences
- Organization and prioritization
- Being able to work under pressure
Comparable Front Desk Receptionist abilities are described in the cover letter example provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Front Desk Receptionist Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Holland:
Upon learning of your posting for a Front Desk Receptionist, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As a highly organized and personable professional with more than seven years of reception and general administrative support experience, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your goals and objectives in this role.
I bring to the table excellent experience providing key office support while greeting and scheduling customers and maximizing efficiency and productivity. From managing multi-line phone systems and resolving customer inquiries to scheduling appointments and providing outstanding customer service, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with staff, and implementing highly effective organizational processes.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Performing comprehensive receptionist responsibilities—including phone management, correspondence, and scheduling—while ensuring seamless front desk operations.
- Handling high-volume phone lines, efficiently and accurately routing up to 160 calls each day.
- Greeting customers upon arrival, ensuring prompt attention and providing a consistently superior level of service and support.
- Expertise in balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and skilled in the usage of various office equipment and machinery.
My skills in front desk reception and support prepare me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will render me an immediate asset to your office team. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Carol R. Hurwitz
Receptionist cover letter sample
View this sample cover letter for a receptionist, or download the receptionist cover letter template in Word.
A receptionist is the spine that holds an office together. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. To be considered for top receptionist jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a receptionist, or download the receptionist cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about administrative careers and search for receptionist jobs on Monster.
Receptionist cover letter template
Sometown, PA 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
July 27, 2017
Mr. Wendell Simpson
55 Custer Pkwy.
Sometown, PA 55555
Re: Front-Office Receptionist, Advertised on Monster
Dear Mr. Simpson:
After reviewing your job announcement for a front-office receptionist, I was struck by how closely my qualifications match your requirements.
For the past 3 years, I have worked as a front-office receptionist at XYZ, Inc. (a medical device company), where my duties are very similar to those outlined in your position opening:
- Warmly greeting and assisting customers and visitors
- Providing prompt, courteous call handling, routing and screening within a busy office setting
- Assisting HR with maintaining updated company rosters and phone lists
- Using MS Office to develop reports, templates, spreadsheets and presentations
- Performing clerical assignments (e.g., copying, filing, emailing, web updates and records management)
I believe that past performance is one of the best predictors of future success. Here are excerpts from my most recent review at XYZ:
“…Christina is a tremendous asset to our team in her role as front-office receptionist…energetic, enthusiastic and upbeat…outstanding communication and customer service skills…highly organized and efficient…her computer skills have been a real asset to the department…reliable, flexible and willing to pitch in when needed…a team player and outstanding employee. We are all going to miss her!”
— Penelope Cho, Supervisor, XYZ, Inc.
Next month I will be relocating to Sometown, PA, making it impractical for me to remain at XYZ due to the 100-mile commute. I have given my employer 30-day notice of my resignation, and am actively seeking employment in what will soon be my new hometown.
I am available to interview in person with just a few days notice, or immediately over the phone or via Skype (Skype ID: christinanicholslive). I hope to hear from you soon.
See all sample cover letters on Monster.